Tuesday, August 9, 2011

BACON???




to those asking why my name is BACON.... because my real name is RAYMOND LEONARD

it got the name when i tried out for the a varsity team back when i was in grade 2 going to the summer before grade 3. i went to the tryouts of the Small Basketeers of the Philippines (SBP)  back then and a lot of students went. i didn't really wanna go to the tryouts because i was lazy. my classmates just told me the day itself and dragged me to the tryouts. (good thing i had my PE uniform and extra shirt!) so i called my parents if they can pick me up at around 6 pm cause im gonna attend tryouts and the bus leaves at around 4pm.

there were a lot of students who tried out and so people don't really know the names of each one. as the tryouts progressed. they asked us to bring a light and dark jersey for a short 5 on 5. the night before since i had no jersey i went to my dad's closet and asked if i can borrow a dark jersey. so he lent me a dark violet jersey that had a print "Bacon" in front of it. so the veterans of the team since they don't know me started to call me and gave me that monicker "bacon". at first it was just in the team until some of my teammates became my classmates. and they wondered why it is bacon.

my schoolmates and classmates started to call me bacon when i was maybe  in 2nd year high school already. but i always introduce my self as raymond, but in college was first time i was confident enough to introduce my self as bacon or bacs.

jai reyes was part of the team that started to call me bacon i was 9 years old back then he was 11.
bacon is a place in Bicol, like a barangay i think. it is also a beach. my family used to go there every summer ,because my mo mis from Bicol, until i joined UAAP in high school where i can't go home to the province anymore cause i have to train every summer! yes i understand and speak a some Bicol dialects. URAGUN KAMO!

*here is the promised blog next would be the NBA experience and a short blog about the first round.

9 comments:

  1. i remembered asking you about this one. satisfied my curiosity now.. interesting! now i know! :))

    -renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice backgrounder. BACON it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, you jersey number the previous years was No. 8. Now, Nico is No. 8, you're No. 13. Why was there a "revamp" in jersey numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There! Mystery solved..

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Now I know! Nice bakground! btw, my province also is Bicol :) And I know where that Bacon beach is :) We used to go there when I was still studying in the province :)) Good thing you're also from Bicol :) Andami kong nalaman! Thanks to you BACON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! that's nice. Now I know why people call you "bacon" :) i really like it. Congrats! :) 4-peat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. can i share it on facebook? its so nice. :) I <3 it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaya pala. :) ang cute ng story!

    ReplyDelete